Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Host Mother's Birthday





So these are some photos from our trip to the nearby river for a birthday barbeque. On the walk down to the ravine, we stopped in a very old chapel that some still visit and light candles. I was struck by the view of the surrounding cliffs that the hole in the wall provided. Once we arrived at the picnic site, we took some time to relax on the stone picnic tables, where my Host Mom practiced her kebob techniques....on her husband! There were some other families there as well enjoying their time cooling off in the water. I am slowly dusting off my former Midwest skills at playing cards and we played a little "Hearts" with the family members. Something tells me that I will need them during the November to April period of winter.

1 comment:

Gary said...

If you get this twice - my fault. great to communicate with you. As you probably already know, it is well over 100 here today with smoke and ozone complicating matters. Your experiences look fascinating. I hope your hosts husband recovered from the shishkebabing. I will check in regularly. It is in fact a different world. - Gary